If you want to make a simple, understated yet amazing dessert, you’ve just got to try this Yam Cake. It’ll be so much easier to make that you’d have though, but it will wow everybody that has a slice!
300g rice flour
100g wheat starch
3 clove garlic, crushed
6 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp five spice powder
Dash of pepper
1 tbsp sugar
150g dried shrimp, soaked and minced
4 red shallot, sliced
1 red chili, sliced (garnish)
1 stalk spring onion, chopped (garnish)
© Hong Chan | Dreamstime.com
- Mix rice flour, wheat starch and water. Strain and stir well
- divide yam into 2 portions, cut one portion into cubes, while steam another portion until soft, then smash the softened yam and mix well with flour batter.
- Heat up a pan, add 3 tbsp oil to fry garlic till fragrant, add in yam cubes, five spice powder, salt, pepper and sugar, stir fry till mix well.
- Pour in flour mixture and stir continuously under medium heat until batter thicken.
- Pour thicken batter into a grease square tin and flatten the surface, steam for 30 minutes.
To make the Topping:
- heat up a pan, add 3 tbsp oil to fry sliced shallot till fragrant and crispy, drained, take out and set aside
- using the remaining oil to fry dried shrimp till fragrant, set aside.
- After the cake has been steamed for 30 minutes, immediately garnish with fried shallot, dried shrimp, red chilies and spring onion. Let the Yam Cake cool completely, then cut and served with chilies sauce.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Interview: Kelly Wilson author of For the Love of Horses: The Wilson Sisters' Inspiring Journey to Save New Zealand's Wild Horses
New Member says
from those who wish to grab a controller and throw a Porsche round the bends to those who'll take... Join the Discussion..
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
New Member says
This is a fantastic website, thanks for sharing. There's no doubt i would fully rate it after i... Join the Discussion..
Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong. Stephen Decatur, 1816
New Member says
Thanks for writing this post. I am very lucky to read this post. I was also looking for a writing... Join the Discussion..
Finding the Right Dress
Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo. betta fish for... Join the Discussion..
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. Mark Twain
I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I... Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends