For a simple yet delicious dessert, give this Summer Fruit Fool a go. It’s light and summery, and is the perfect accompaniment to a heavy meal or a hot day. It’s full of sweetness and goodness, and can’t be beaten for flavour!
300 g mixed soft fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or currants
55g caster sugar
150 ml whipping cream
grated zest of ½ orange
150g plain low-fat bio yogurt
finely shredded orange zest to decorate (optional)
© Ashley Whitworth | Dreamstime.com
- Reserve about 55g of the mixed fruit for decoration
- Put the remaining mixed fruit in a saucepan with 2 tbsp water
- Bring just to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes or until soft and very juicy
- Stir in the sugar
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly
- Pour into a food processor or blender and purée
- Press the purée through a sieve to remove all the pips
- Alternatively, just press the fruit through a sieve to purée it
- Set aside to cool completely
- Whip the cream with the grated orange zest until thick
- Add the yogurt and lightly whip into the cream, then mix in the cooled fruit purée
- Spoon into dessert dishes or goblets
- Chill well before serving, decorated with the reserved berries and orange zest, if using
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends