Light, fruity and seasonal, this Summer Fruit Cream Pie is sure to be a hit on those hot summer’s days. It’s delicious and filling, and is a great addition to any summer party or barbeque. It’s also surprisingly easy to make-try it and see!
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blackberries
Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup Peaches in Syrup Peaches in Syrup
© Lockstockbob | Dreamstime.com
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan; whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until bubbling and thick, about 7 minutes total (about 2 minutes after it comes to a boil).
- Whisk yolks in a medium bowl until combined. Pour in milk mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking until completely incorporated.
- Return mixture to the saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it returns to a boil, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat, and stir in cinnamon. Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until butter melts before adding another piece.
- Let custard cool in saucepan on a wire rack, whisking occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Gently fold in berries until evenly distributed.
- Pour custard into graham cracker crust. Press plastic wrap directly on surface of custard. Refrigerate until custard filling is chilled and firm, at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Spoon peaches with syrup onto center of pie, and serve immediately.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends