If you want a dessert that’s guaranteed to be a new one for all your guests, try whipping up this Slovak Berry dessert. It’s a great twist on an English classic, and everybody will absolutely adore it.
1 cup Petit Beurre or other tea biscuits
1/4 cup melted butter
1 container marshmallow cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
3 cups fresh berries, rinsed
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar (more or less to taste, depending on sweetness of berries)
1/8 teaspoon salt
© Gytis Mikuličius | Dreamstime.com
- In a large saucepan, cook berries, cornstarch, sugar and salt until thick. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, grind Petit Beurre tea biscuits, and pour in melted butter through the food chute while the processor is running.
- Pat all but 1/4 cup crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8x11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Place in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1/4 of the whipped cream into the marshmallow to lighten it, then fold in the remaining cream and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread half of cream mixture over crust, all of the cooled berry mixture, and then top with remaining cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove rim from tart pan and slice into rectangles. Refrigerate leftovers.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends