Looking for a dessert that screams luxury, elegance and style all in one? This Pistachio-Chocolate Chiffon Roll does that. It’s the perfect dessert for that stylish dinner party you’re hosting.
3/4 cup cake flour
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1/3 cup water
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 drops green food coloring
1 drop yellow food coloring
1/3 cup chopped pistachios
4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
© Wong Chee Yen | Dreamstime.com
- Line a greased baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 10 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg yolks, oil and chocolate; add to the flour mixture and beat until well combined. Add water; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 200° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat the cream, sugar and extracts until soft peaks form. Add food coloring; mix well.
- Unroll cake; spread filling to within 2 cm of edges. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Roll up again. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Lives, like money, are spent. What are you buying with yours? Roy H. Williams
New Member says
I intend to state that this blog web site truly persuaded me to do it! Countless many thanks. a... Join the Discussion..
It takes a long time to grow an old friend. John Leonard
New Member says
Glad to see this kind of brilliant and very interesting informative post. Gurgaon Call Girls , ... Join the Discussion..
People like numbers
Moving to Australia raises many questions about health care benefits. This article answers some of... Join the Discussion..
I have been impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts. I just... Join the Discussion..
Lewis Road Creamery
New Member says
Trik AduQ Join the Discussion..
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends