For a dessert that’s fruity, creamy and gorgeous, try this delicious Mango Cream Cake. It’s bursting with flavours and will leave everybody begging for a second slice- try it today and you won’t be disappointed!
For the cake
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 sticks(10 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
For the filling and topping
About 1 kilo of mango flesh
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
sugar to taste
2 packets of gelatin powder
1 can of lychee in syrup, with lychee drained and roughly chopped; reserve syrup
© Vincent Go | Dreamstime.com
To make the cake base
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter two round cake pans, dust the inside with flour, tap out the excess and line the bottoms of the pan with parchment or wax paper. Put the pans on baking sheet.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Working with a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until soft and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and then the yolk, beating for one minute after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla; don't be concerned if the mixture looks curdled.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients alernately with the buttermilk. adding the dry ingredients in 3 additions and the milk in 2 (begin and end with the dry ingredients); scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed and mix only until the ingredients disappear into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes,rotating the pans at the midway point.
- When fully baked, the cakes will be golden and springy to the touch and a thin knife inserted into the centers will come out clean.
- Transfer the cakes to a rack and cook for about 5 minutes, then run a knife around the sides of the cakes, unmold them and peel off the paper liners.
- Invert and cool to room temperature right side up.
To make mango filling and topping
- Puree mango flesh with some sugar syrup from canned lychee. Taste and adjust sweetness accordingly.Pour out the pureed mango into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin powder with 1/4 cup of sugar syrup from the canned lychee.
- Heat the mixture in microwave for 30 seconds until the gelatin solution dissolves and turns clear. Leave to cool slightly.
- Using a stand mixer with whip attachment, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Slowly dribble gelatin solution into pureed mango.
- Stir to mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup of mango mixture in another medium bowl for topping.
- Fold some whipped cream into the remaining mango mixture to lighten.
- Continue to fold the remaining whipped cream thoroughly but lightly into the mango mixture.
- Carefully place one cake layer on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or a cake ring.
- Brush the top of the cake with some sugar syrup from canned lychee.
- Scatter the chopped lychee on top of the cake.Brush one side of the lady fingers with the same syrup before lining them on the sides of the ring. Brushed side facing inward.
- Carefully pour in the mango cream and top with the second cake layer. Brush the top with syrup.
- Pour the rest of the mango cream on top.Followed by the reserved topping.
- Chill overnight before decorating.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends