If you love your food and you’re passionate about great tasting desserts, then you’ve just got to try these Hot Apricot Soufflés. With a heavenly texture and a huge mix of flavours, these will be a huge hit with everybody.
1½ tsp ground almonds or caster sugar
1 can apricot halves in natural juice, about 400 g, well drained
2 eggs, separated
2 tbsp double cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp cream of tartar
© Stephaniefrey | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a baking tray inside to heat
- Lightly butter four 175 mlramekins and dust the sides with the ground almonds or caster sugar, shaking out the excess
- Put the apricot halves, egg yolks, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth
- Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until soft peaks form
- Sift over the cream of tartar and continue whisking until stiff peaks form
- Spoon the apricot mixture over the egg whites and use a large metal spoon to fold together, taking care not to overmix and deflate the egg whites
- Divide the apricot mixture among the prepared ramekins
- Use a round-bladed knife to mark a circle in the centre of each soufflé; this helps the tops to rise evenly
- Place the ramekins on the heated baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes or until the soufflés are well risen and golden brown on top
- Immediately dust with icing sugar, sifted through a sieve, and serve at once
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends