If you’re trying to introduce more fruit into a diet, these Grilled Fruit Brochettes are a great way to do it. Children love them as they’re on sticks, and the whole family will enjoy making up their own.
½ medium-sized ripe pineapple
2 just ripe, firm bananas
2 ripe but firm pears
4 ripe but firm fresh figs
2 ripe but firm peaches
juice of 1 lemon
4 tsp sugar
cape gooseberries to decorate
225 g (8 oz) raspberries
grated zest and juice of ½ orange
1½ tbsp sugar, or to taste
© Bidouze Stéphane | Dreamstime.com
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the coulis
- Purée the raspberries with the orange zest and juice and the sugar in a blender or food processor
- If you like, sieve the purée to remove the raspberry pips
- Set aside
- Preheat the grill
- Prepare the pineapple, bananas, pears, figs and peaches, peeling as necessary and cutting into attractive bite-sized pieces
- Thread the fruit onto the soaked skewers, alternating them to make a colourful arrangement
- Sprinkle the kebabs with half of the lemon juice and sugar
- Grill them for 3–4 minutes or until lightly tinged with brown, then turn over, sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice and sugar and grill for a further 3 minutes or until the second side is lightly browned and caramelised a little
- While the kebabs are being grilled, pull back the papery skins on the cape gooseberries to form a star-like flower round the fruit
- Place a fruit kebab on each plate, drizzle round the coulis, decorate with cape gooseberries and serve hot
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends