For a luxurious, high quality dessert that can be served to any guest with a flourish, try these Flambéed Asian Pears with Orange. They’re not nearly as tricky to make as they look, and they’ll leave everybody in awe at your cooking ability!
Refrigerate for about 20 minutes
2 Asian pears
juice of ½ lemon
30 g (1 oz) butter
3 tbsp soft brown sugar
3 tbsp brandy
3 tbsp coarsely chopped pistachios
sprigs of fresh lemon balm to decorate
© Jabiru | Dreamstime.com
- Peel, quarter and core the Asian pears
- Cut them into slices and sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown
- Peel the oranges, removing all the white pith
- Cut them across into neat slices
- Melt the butter in a frying pan
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add the pear slices and cook gently for about 3 minutes on each side or until they are just tender but still quite firm
- Add the orange slices for the last minute of cooking, turning them to coat well with the juices in the pan
- Using a draining spoon, remove the pears and oranges to a shallow serving dish and keep warm
- Boil the juices remaining in the pan to reduce a little, then pour over the fruit. Pour the brandy into the frying pan, heat it and set alight
- Pour over the fruit.
- Serve on warmed plates, sprinkled with the pistachios and decorated with lemon balm.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends