For a recipe that’s unusual, sure to impress and easy to make, give this recipe for Mussels in Ginger Soup a try. It’s a crockpot recipe that will wow guests at any dinner party, and is absolutely bursting with flavour. You’re sure to enjoy it!
1 medium onion, sliced
2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 thumb-sized fresh ginger, peeled and julienned (around 2 tsps)
3 plum tomatoes
2 tbsps fish sauce
2 tbsps vegetable oil
4 to 5 cups water
salt and pepper
© Pawel Strykowski | Dreamstime.com
- Submerge mussels in cold water for a good 30 minutes.
- Scrub shells and remove beard.
- In a sauce pot, heat vegetable oil.
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger until tender and aromatic.
- Add in tomatoes. Continue to cook and stir until tomatoes are softened.
- Mash tomatoes with back of spoon.
- Pour in fish sauce. Allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in water. Bring to a gentle boil. Add in mussels.
- Continue to cook until shells open, discarding unopened mussels.
- Skim off any foam that accumulates on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and allow steam to continue cooking spinach.
- Serve hot.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends