Most people don’t bother to make their own tomato sauces, but with this Farm Stand Tomato Sauce recipe that can be so easily made in a crock pot there’s just no reason not to! You’ll be able to make a delicious sauce that’s so versatile you can use it for anything!
2 onions, minced
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
½ cup dry red wine
¼ cup Minute tapioca
2 bay leaves
500g tomatoes (about 14 large)
¼ cup minced fresh basil
Salt and pepper
© Dejan Vekic | Dreamstime.com
- Microwave onions, tomato paste, oil, garlic, and oregano in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir wine, tapioca, and bay leaves into slow cooker.
- Core and peel tomatoes, then transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook until tomatoes are very soft and beginning to disintegrate, 9 to 11 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high.
- Discard bay leaves. Mash tomatoes until mostly smooth with potato masher.
- Transfer sauce mixture to large Dutch over and simmer over medium-high heat until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in basil and season with salt, pepper, and additional extra-virgin olive oil to taste.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends