Sweet and sour sauces are always delicious, and this recipe for Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Shrimp is guaranteed to be a family favourite in no time. A great twist on a classic recipe, this is just perfect.
1 package frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
1 can juice-pack pineapple chunks or tidbits (drain and reserve juice)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
500g shrimp, rinsed & drained
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
© Rewat Wannasuk | Dreamstime.com
- Place pea pods and drained pineapple in Crock-Pot.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add with juice, soy sauce and ginger to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook sauce for about 1 minute or until thickened and transparent.
- Gently blend sauce into pea pods and pineapple.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, add shrimp and vinegar, stirring carefully to avoid breaking up shrimp. Serve over hot rice.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends