If you want something that’s both tasty and filling for brunch, then look no further than these delicious Apple, Raisin and Almond Muffins! They combine a wonderful mixture of flavours and textures while providing a meal everybody will enjoy.
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup sugar(may reduce if apple is sweet)
1/4 cup margarine
2 cups of water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 small apple - cubed (about 107g)
2 teaspoons vinegar / apple cider
1/4 cups Raisins (more if you like)
1/4 cups Almond Slices
1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
© Denise Kappa | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat Oven to 250 degree celsius.
- Cut apples into small cubes, set aside.
- Beat Margarine and sugar together till fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients - Vanilla Essence, Water, mix well
- Add Flour, Cinnamon Powder, Nutmeg Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, mix till all dry ingredients are contacted with wet ingredients. Do not over mix. You should see lumps.
- Fold in the apple cubes, raisins and almond slices.
- Line your muffin tins with muffin paper holders.
- Fold in the vinegar (Only add vinegar when oven ready and muffin tins lined)
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter.
- Bake under 250 C for 5mins, switch to 180 C and bake for another 10-12mins.
- Check the muffins by using a toothpick to pierce into the center muffin. If toothpick come out dry/clean, your muffins are done.
- Leave muffins to cool.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends