Sausage Rolls are often associated with lunches and picnics, but they can make an absolutely delicious breakfast too! These lovely Sausage Rolls are so much easier to make than you could’ve imagined, and the whole family will think that they’re a real treat for breakfast!
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 thick beef sausages
© Ivana Rauski | Dreamstime.com
- Preheat oven to 205°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place 1 square on workbench. Brush 1 edge with egg.
- Spread 1 tablespoon onion mixture over pastry. Top with 1 sausage. Roll up pastry to enclose sausage, with egg-brushed edge on top. Press to secure.
- Place, seam side down, on tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, egg, onion mixture and sausages. Brush tops with egg.
- Score with a knife. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and pastry is golden. Serve with chutney and salad.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends