Making jam is something that’s easy enough to do but that nobody bothers with- it’s so delicious that everybody should do it! This Homemade Cherry Jam is gorgeous with anything you want to put it with- enjoy!
800g fresh Cherries
420g jam sugar (with added pectin)
400g granulated sugar
120ml - 140ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (depending on how tart you like your jam)
© Magdalena Żurawska | Dreamstime.com
- Start by washing and pitting your cherries, then put the fleshy parts into a bowl and set to one side.
- Take 200g of granulated sugar and around a third of the cherries and add them to the maslin/jam pan.
- Over a low heat, use a potato masher to gently squash the cherries whilst they are heating.
- Allow the cherries and the sugar to start to bubbling and then leave to simmer very gently for a further 5-6 minutes. This will create a syrupy juice which in turn allows the rest of the fruit to macerate and boil in.
- Add the rest of the cherries, jam sugar, granulated sugar and lemon juice and stir well.
- Use the potato masher to crush the cherries again if necessary.
- Leave the fruit to simmer for around 30 minutes allowing it to macerate with the sugars.
- Remove the pan from heat and leave to cool slightly before transferring it into your sterilized jam jar(s)
- Chill jam in the fridge and serve cool on fresh bread or scones.
|Breakfast Recipes||Brunch Recipes||Crockpot Recipes|
| Lunch Recipes
||Entree Recipes||Kids Recipes|
| Dinner Recipes
||Dessert Recipes||Healthy Recipes
|Easy & Quick Recipes|
Cocktail & Drink Recipes
Drink in style.
Daily words of Inspiration
Sometimes wise, sometimes true, sometimes just a really good giggle. Updated daily.
Your Weekly Cute Fix
We've carefully limited the collection to seven at a time so you don't implode with the onslaught of cuteness :P Enjoy
ALL NZ Daily Deals
Shop Smart, The best daily deals from around New Zealand pulled together into this one set of pages
Top Sex Positions
Spice up your bedroom with Chelsey's list of top sex positions to rock your world!
Secure your motivation for the year by locking in SpringBreak in Fiji, your own exclusive island
The Fijian Cup
The Pacific Touch Rugby festival (Fijian Cup and Kava Cup) is underway on November 2, 2017 and with support from Touch Fiji and...
Rock Island VANUATU
From a fully chartered resort, an incredible line up of Kiwi musicians and Rock legends flown in you'll find nothing close to...
Summit FIJI aims to revolutionise how businesses can approach conferences, corporate retreats and team building weekends